In light of August being Women’s Month, I thought it would be the perfect time to promote some hard working mums. You could find the service provider you were looking for or be inspired to take that leap you’ve been dreaming of.
Q&A WITH JENNI
1. Tell me a little about yourself without including details of your family and work (it’s tough I know 😂)
Shjoe that’s a tough one! 🙂 Lol, we all love to talk about ourselves but our family & business is such a big part of us, but ok, here goes. I have lived in Cape Town most of my life except for the 3-odd years I resided in London. I met my husband online (for reals!) and he swept me off my feet. My favourite things in life are good champagne, decaf coffee, ice cream, baking and good food! I love to workout but don’t make me do it outdoors! I’m an indoor girl but love lazing on the beach on tropical islands. I am honest and caring but will defend my loved ones fiercely.
2. How many kids do you have and what are their ages?
Currently I only have 1 (human) kid, Tristan who’s aged 2yrs 7 months. I also have 2 fur-kids aka cats and a husband who sometimes behaves like a kid! Lol
3. What is your side hustle? And when did you start?
I have a blog, My Journey as a Mom, which I took public earlier this year
4. What did you do before starting your own business AND what made you leave?
I actually stopped working in 2013 and only started my online blog journey this year so I just was a stay at home wife & mom initially. I was and still am very fortunate to have a husband who can provide so well for us
5. How do you allocate your time between work and family?
Family comes first and I work when Tristan’s at school or asleep.
6. What have been the hardships of running your own business?
I don’t feel there have been any hardships (so far) as I run my business for pleasure, not profit. It was disappointing when I got a ‘no’ from people I wanted to collaborate with but it wasn’t a hardship in my book.
7. What have been the highlights?
Meeting inspiring women, both virtually & in person!
8. What advice do you have for other women who are on the cusp of taking the leap into entrepreneurship?
Just do it. You don’t want to look back and say ‘what if’! If you’re financially able to take the risk then there’s no harm in diving straight in head first!
9. How can we get in touch with you?
I love meeting new people so please reach out! I’m on Instagram (@my_journey_as_a_mom), blog/website (www.myjourneyasamom.com), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/myjourneyasamomblog/) or email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
The services or products mentioned in the above post cannot be vouched for by this blog. Please use your discretion when hiring service providers. You can also follow me over on Facebook and Instagram.