In light of August being Women’s Month, I thought it would be the perfect time to promote some hard working mums. You could find the service provider you were looking for or be inspired to take that leap you’ve been dreaming of.
Q&A WITH SANDRA
1. Tell me a little about yourself without including details of your family and work (it’s tough I know 😂)
Life has been fun! I’ve been on this planet for 37 years, I’ve been creative, I’ve loved, I’ve had my heart broken so many times, I’ve completed my bucket list & had to start a new one, life has been chaos, and it has been an adventure.
I am happy.
2. How many kids do you have and what are their ages?
1 Little drop of Sunshine – 2 years old
3. What is your side hustle? And when did you start?
I co-own and work in a slimming / beauty clinic in the lovely Meyersdal area, Alberton.
4. What did you do before starting your own business AND what made you leave?
For the last eleventy years I worked as an Operations Manager in retail; the pressure, hours & environment got me to a space in my life where I just was not about working myself to a standstill for very little personal happiness in return.
Traffic makes me really aggressive, so I have now designed my life to include very little sporadic traffic. WIN!
5. How do you allocate your time between work and family?
I steal moments where I can, we work long hours in the clinic to satisfy demand for bookings – so where I have a chance, I grab a quality moment with my little girl & my husband.
6. What have been the hardships of running your own business?
Starting a slimming clinic in a very saturated market. We have a very unique concept and product offering, but that is still a very hard sell in a very difficult market. Finding your clients has been the biggest challenge to date.
7. What have been the highlights?
Celebrating our 1 year anniversary in June of this year!
8. What advice do you have for other women who are on the cusp of taking the leap into entrepreneurship?
Of the countless people I spoke with, nobody actually said the words: “It takes 1000 days to build a business”
Do your research, and then do so much more. Talk to anyone & everyone, you don’t really know what someone else knows & you can come across real pearls of wisdom if you are open to receiving the message.
Here is our current offer for the month of August:
The services or products mentioned in the above post cannot be vouched for by this blog. Please use your discretion when hiring service providers. You can also follow this blog over on Facebook and Instagram.