In light of August being Women’s Month, I thought it would be the perfect time to promote some hard working mums. You could find the service provider you were looking for or be inspired to take that leap you’ve been dreaming of.
Q&A WITH TAMRYN AND KIRSTEN
1. Tell me a little about yourself without including details of your family and work (it’s tough I know 😂)
We’re a sister team, Tamryn and Kirsten. We balance each other, she’s the ying to my yang, she’s light and I’m dark. My sister will be the first to tell you that I’m the older sister, she’s the youngest haha. We come from a creative family and are therefore extremely creative. It makes us happy to create and try new things.
2. How many kids do you have and what are their ages?
I have 2 boys, Eric 4,5 and Christian 2. My sister has a boy as well, Barron is 2,5. Hence the name of Three Little Monkeys
Case in point.
3. What is your side hustle? And when did you start?
It was about 2 years ago that I saw a wood, laser-cut invitation on google and thought to myself… well, how cool would milestone cards be in wood!!! They would be originally designed AND they’d last for generations!
4. What did you do before starting your own business AND what made you leave?
Tam : I worked at a company that supplies bags for Mr P, I felt stagnant and wanted to try and do my own thing, explore the options, be creative and find something I could be passionate about again. Waking up every morning loving what I do.
Kirsten : I was a data capturer. Waking up and doing something you love makes for a happy life. I no longer wake up and think “arrrgg work!”. There is nothing more rewarding than building up something that is yours.
5. How do you allocate your time between work and family?
It’s kind of all muddled up really. We fit it in where we can. We mostly try and get big things out of the way while the boys have school in the morning.
6. What have been the hardships of running your own business?
The start up capital was a huge factor and also finding the right supplier.
7. What have been the highlights?
It has to be getting pics of the cutest babies using our cards! It make our hearts so full.
8. What advice do you have for other women who are on the cusp of taking the leap into entrepreneurship?
You’ll never know unless you try, I’d rather fail at a few things than regret never trying. It’s something very hard to do but if it’s your passion then you owe it to yourself to take a shot at it.
9. How can we get in touch with you?