I am not a huge fish fan but I do love the buttery taste of kingklip. This recipe is deceptively easy considering how good it tastes at the end.
Kinglip (fillet or on the bone)
A tin of coconut milk or coconut cream for a thicker sauce
Red pepper (I used green but red would be better)
– preheat the oven to 180 degrees
– slice the onion and red pepper into strips and lay it down at the bottom of a casserole dish. Season with veggie spice.
– place the kingklip on top and season with salt and pepper.
– pour the entire tin of coconut milk over the fish and season with a pinch of salt and lots of fresh thyme.
– cover with foil and cook the fish for 20 minutes then remove the foil and cook for a further 20minutes or until the fish is flaky.
– I paired the fish with some steamed broccoli.