Hey there! If you’re curious to know more about me than what’s in the About page, here are a few places that I have been featured. I know I have the word ‘here‘ about a million times *bleh* but click any of them to take you to the relevant article/post/podcast.
Here’s hoping for another good year!
- Brand Alchemy feature for my work over at Context. Click here to read the article. Amber places a lot of emphasis on female entrepreneurs which is amazing.
This was an incredible year full of hard work and new found creativity. The kids were finally both at school and I committed much more time to the blog.
- Winner of the Best Wisdom Post in the South African Parenting Blog Awards. Announced here and here. Click here to read the post. This was the highlight of my year and such an honour!
- Food Lovers Market Brand Ambassador with the focus being on Shopping on a Budget #FoodLoversCo. Click here. What a privilege to work with this incredible brand. I fell in love with food all over again.
- The Great Equalizer Podcast – Episode 32 – Stay at Home Mum (What do you guys do all day?) Click here to listen. If you havn’t heard of this podcast before then you are in for a treat. Sam and Charlene tackle all areas of parenthood with openness, honesty and zero judgement.
- Kaya FM Interview – #SidebarwithSindi with Dr Sindi Van Zyl – The pros and cons of being a stay at home mum. We discussed the highs and lows of leaving work to be your childs primary caregiver.
- Featured on Crazy Rio – Women’s Months – Click here to read. Riona is a powerhouse of a woman and inspires me to push the boundaries that I set for myself.
- Guest Editor for the Mama Magic Milestones Magazine, Issue #21. Click here to read my articles featured in this issue. It was great being able to contribute to and also to have a look the behind the scenes of this indispensable parenting resource.
- Food Blogger at You,Baby and I for 6 months. Click here to read my featured articles. Shaney is one of my blogging idols so this was a dream job for me.
This was a year of finding my voice and learning how to put myself out there. I made some incredible blogging friends and learnt from each and every one of them.
- One of my Facebook posts for Prima went viral. Check it out here. The post is now sitting at almost 30 Million reached, over 10 million engagements and 412 thousand shares. This post has a life of it’s own.
- Featured on You, Baby and I – The Mom Drive – Click here to watch. This was hilarious and only Shan could convince me to use a Santa hat with my very short hair!
- Featured by 3 Kids, 2 Dogs and 1 Old House as one of the Awesome blogs to watch in Jhb. Click here for the full list. Wow! How amazing to be featured alongside all these incredible blogs!
- Featured on Baby Costs Money – Mondays Mama – Click here to read. Darlene is a hoot and she was one of the first bloggers I started following back in 2015
- Featured on High Heels and Fairytales – Meet the Mommy – Click here to read. Charlene has since become one of my very close friend and her sense of humour is THE BEST!
I had been blogging since 2015 but Sept 2017 was when I took my blog public.
- Featured in the December print issue of Living and Loving Magazine as the Blogger to Watch. This was mind blowing! I must have bought 10 copies of the magazine that month.
- Featured on Mom of Two Little Girls – Parenting Win vs Parenting Fail – Click here to read the post. Carly has since moved to the UK and started her own podcast.
- Featured on The Mom Blog – Click here to read the post. My very first feature and I was beyond flattered to be asked.